If you are thinking about taking up running in order to increase your activity levels and get fit, the first step is often the hardest. This fun & engaging walk / run gradual training programme will be delivered by our Running coach and is targeted towards:
- People that have not run before
- People that have not run in a while
- People that have tried to run in the past but have suffered injuries or pain which stopped them continuing
The focus will be as much about efficient & pain free running through good technique as it is on the training programme itself.
This programme is a run/walk to continuous running programme. 8 weeks from start to finish.
- Supervised running sessions provided for onsite are 2 days per week for 8 weeks
- Running sessions can be organised before work, during lunch, shift changeover or in the evening.
- Each session is scheduled for 1 hour
- We start each run with a 5-10 minute dynamic warm-up walk or slow jog & finish up with a 5-10 minute cool-down walk or slow jog.
- We encourage the company to do a 5K race at the completion of the programme, People are motivated by competition and group events we can organise for you.
Additional running coach sessions can be arranged upon request.
Why not organise the conclusion of the above training programme to a race day/company social? Our event team can organise it all.
Number Of Particpants:
Due to insurance and for quality control reasons with differing capabilities of attendees, there are a maximum number of 20 participants per running group. If more than 20 participants extra running sessions will be needed, see optional extras.
Each week participants will get an email detailing the running programme for that week, as well as helpful advice about nutrition, what to wear and motivational input. This email scores extremely well in employee feedback. Employees who do not have work email addresses can use their own personal email accounts.
As this is a beginners’ programme, it will be pretty normal for participants to have lots of questions, and the Running Coach is on hand to help with these. The emails get progressively more motivational and deal with problems that are likely to occur during the process to keep participants engaged and focused on the goal.
Expected Results & Measurement:
By the end of the 8 week programme, we are expecting 75% of those who have started to have completed the programme and be able to run 5k in 30 minutes.
We will measure and report on:
- Participant numbers at the start
- Participants at the end
- Participants who completed the 5k at the end
- How many sessions were attended on average
- Dropout numbers & reasons
- Feedback & Enjoyment level amongst participants