10k Running Programme
The 10K run is the most popular race on the calendar. If your employees are thinking about increasing activity levels and moving up a level, this distance is ideal, whether looking to a set personal best or just the enjoyment of breaking the 5 mile barrier.
This fun & engaging walk / run gradual training programme will be delivered by our Running coach and is targeted towards:
- Employees that have not run before
- Employees that have not run in a while
- Employees that can run – they can feed into the programme at a later stage to suit their running ability
- Employees that have tried to run in the past but have suffered injuries or pain which stopped them continuing.
This programme will be delivered by our running coach. The focus of the programme will be as much about efficient & pain free running through good technique as it is on the training programme itself.
The programme is 16 weeks in its entirety but there are different start dates set for different running levels.
- Complete beginners will train from week 1 for the whole 16 weeks
- The first 8 weeks are twice a week for between 45-60 minutes and the last 8 are once a week for between 60-90 minutes as the distance increases.
- Other participants feed into the programme along the way at the appropriate stage based on their current running ability.
- We to ask the employees to email us with their interest in participating with their current running ability from the following options:
- I am a Total Beginner
- I can run for 20 minutes
- I can run 5K in 30 minutes
Once subscription has closed, successful participants will receive an email confirming their registration and information on what week they will join the run programme. They will receive their weekly email from their specific start date with appropriate “homework” on the stage they’re at.
Why not organise the conclusion of the above training programme to a race day/company social? Our event team can organise it all.
Additional running coach sessions can be arranged upon request.
Each week participants will get an email detailing the running programme for that week, as well as helpful advice about nutrition, what to wear and motivation. This email scores extremely well in employee feedback. Employees who do not use work email addresses can use their own personal email accounts.
As there are different start levels in this group, participants will start receiving their emails at different stages of the programme, based on the ability they registered with.
The emails will need to get progressively more motivational and informative and deal with problems that are likely to occur during the different stages of trying to reach 10k.
Number Of Particpants:
Due to insurance and for quality control reasons with differing capabilities of attendees, there are a maximum number of 20 participants per running group. If more than 20 participants, extra running sessions will be needed so please contact us to discuss further details.
Final programme plan will be issued once participants are confirmed.
Expected Results & Measurement:
By the end of the 16 week programme, we are expecting 60% of those who have started to have completed the programme and be able to run 10k.
We will report on:
- Participant numbers at the start
- Participants after 16 weeks
- Participants at the end
- Participants who completed the 10k at the end
- How many sessions were attended on average
- Dropout numbers & reasons if provided in feedback survey
- Feedback & Enjoyment level amongst participants